Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Merry Christmas For Reals!

Well this week was really wonderful being Christmas, but not too wonderful in being able to find people..so this email won't be too long.
Well this week we had a mission wide Christmas conference where we all went up to Richmond to have a big meeting with lots of talks, and musical numbers, it was really great super awesome Spirit to be with all the missionaries there.
And nothing too exciting happened until....CHRISTMAS! Well Christmas was a really great day, being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior as one of his servants is really a great experience, also I was able to talk to my family which is one of the best gifts there is.
And one highlight of the week would definitely be Sunday(which it always is a highlight) but being able to go to church and partake of the Sacrament each week, as well as learn about Christ and his gospel is an amazing thing. Anyways what was cool specifically about Sunday was, this man named Issac(one of the Zone Leaders Potential Investigators) showed up to church on Sunday!(he occasionally comes on his own but isn't too interested in listening to the missionary lessons) but at Church he asked Elder Richter and I if we could meet him later tonight and he wanted to ask some questions and hear our testimonies, so we agreed to meet at the church at 7:00

It came to 7:00 and because we don't have a car the Zone Leaders dropped us off, and they kind of ended up joining in on the lesson with us. And what you should know about Issac is he is very devout in his religon(not sure if I can specify which one because when we record lessons we aren't allowed to, but he is Christian and believes that the gospel was never lost from the earth anyways) he starts by asking me(and Issac is also a really knowledgeable guy about his church and our church and a lot of things and I am not super knowledgeable so I was a little worried about what questions he would ask and what I was going to say and such, but before we went I said a prayer asking that through the Spirit I would be given what to say) and the only thing he asked me was, "when did you really start to live you faith?" and so I thought a little bit, remembered the promises Heavenly Father has given missionaries and then told him about how I came to know the Book of Mormon was true, and it was very easy for the words to come out, and as I was talking the whole time I was thinking of the scripture in Alma 26(might be the wrong reference) about being the instrument in God's hands, and that is how I felt, and it was a great feeling, and definitely strengthened my testimony of trusting in the Lord. It was an amazing thing to be a part of. And throughout the rest of the lesson I felt the same thing whenever I spoke. And Issac right now, kind of wants to convert us to the faith he believes in(he told us that at one point) but I know the Lord right now is preparing his heart, and it will take time, and I don't know how much time, but I really hope someday the Issac will receive this gospel. But that was my cool experience for the week(among others not mentioned)

Well to close off I have a scripture to go a bit along with my experience!
D&C 78:18
"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."
Sometimes Heavenly Father is leading us in a direction we don't understand and can't see the way ahead, but I know he knows the way ahead, and what is in store for us, and it will always be a good thing. This gospel and church is true! Always trust in Heavenly Father and the gifts he has given us and we will have joy! =D

Love you all and have a happy New Year!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment