Monday, October 31, 2016

Well, it was an exciting week. However, the only thing that everyone
reading this probably wants to read goes as follows.
(Sorry if it sounds weird... wanted to make it sound kind of
exciting...but it might sound a bit weird.)

This was Friday
After that we returned home, finished up weekly planning, and then planned to bike over to the church. From trying to fix our bikes yesterday...it didn't work too well...but we were on our way. We got to the light before Route 1 I was in 1 and 7...and realized I would have to pedal pretty hard. So we start going Elder Davis is in front...soon before the grassy part that we get to...well I was pedaling pretty hard and really don't remember the events preceding it. Something happened, whether the bike seized up or I was clipped by a car I'm not sure. My bike and body twist as the ground leaps up towards my body. Then I am sliding backwards on my shoulder, the bike clenched between my legs suspended in the air. Realizing I am on the ground, throw my arms and legs in the air so that I don't get run over. I gather that I am safe to go, and grab the bike and run onto the median and stand there shouting a faint "Elder Davis" as he pedals away. Standing there on the median cars with their windows down start shouting "Was it the green car?"-"Are you ok?"-"Was it the green car?"-"Your water bottle is in the road"...I go grab that..."Are you ok? Are you dizzy?"-"Was it the green car?" This was coming from both sides of the road I really didn't know what to do...some of the cars stood there for awhile. I remember the guy that kept asking if it was the green car...he asked that so many times...and the nice lady that informed me of my water bottle. Elder Davis eventually came back, realized I was decent...we ran across the road over to Weis pedaled back to the apartment...which I wasn't feeling too bad at that moment...and there wasn't any blood...which was surprising...I could tell my shoulder on my shirt was beat up pretty bad...other than that though I couldn't tell of any immediate wounds.

I actually came out if it very well off. My shirt isn't usable anymore, but other than that all my other clothing is basically fine. My right hip hurt a little bit, but nothing major.
After this we went to the trunk or treat for our ward.

After this experience and pondering it, I was very grateful for the Lord's protection. Which comes a lot as we are obedient to the Lord's commandments and our covenants. I know that I was protected that day because I am striving to be obedient and keep my covenants.

“The discipline contained in daily obedience and clean living and wholesome lives builds an armor around you of protection and safety from the temptations that beset you as you proceed through mortality.”–Elder L. Tom Perry

Love

Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment