Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Elder ChoppingBigLogsIsn'tTooFunButIsRewarding

Cold, cold run...wow the run was really cold this morning...but also really good. We did get out pretty late though which definitely wasn't good. Then we went onto studies...and I tried to set goals for the upcoming transfer...it didn't go really well... think I did too much pondering...and not enough searching. After that we planned, and then went over to the Hardy house(Brother Stafford texted us)to help chop wood. I was excited...it went well..at least with the small logs...the bigger ones..well those were unite troublesome. Me swinging the axe was probably a little ignominious(#Buckley). Things worked out though...Brother Stafford did end up breaking the tip of the wedge that Brother Berryman lent....but up until it broke, it work really really well. Really fun though, we left after about an hour and a half of good chopping. Definitely took me back to the last scout camp with Skyler, chopping wood and trying to be Captain America....definitely wasn't that easy though.

Then we tried visiting some Chinese people...the door we knocked on, the guy just moved in..and so we must have recently missed them.
Following that we went over to visit Joe...He is still thinking about being baptized..but doesn't see why, and his mom is quite Baptist....but he seems more open to the idea...so we shall see. He seemed committed to read The Book of Mormon though, although it was a unique lesson, I still felt it was good, and that the Spirit was present. Which I am grateful for.

After that we tried visiting some other Chinese people...none were home, but we may have found some potential houses.We returned home, Elder Grimaud got Wendy's, I came back, made stuffing, pasta and pesto, and green beans...all were really good. We also called Laticia...Wendi answered, and said she would remind her..I felt kind of bad because she seemed ready to go to a baptism...but then we learned that it got canceled.....after dinner we went over to the nice neighborhood by the church..and it was filled with lots of elderly people...all of them were quite nice, and it was a good time to get better at "Teaching when I find, finding when I teach" which is hard for me...but improving. As well the people we met were probably one of the wider scopes of responses...I'm Jewish, I'm already Christian so we are good , Not interested, I've been a deacon at Bon Air Baptist for 20 years, you're coming around too late, we are set Catholics....and things like that. Nothing came from that except for our personal development. As well working on my beatboxing skills...which each time...it amazes me more and more how Elder Critchfield does it....also it was quite cold....

We returned, got gas, then studied my language, which went well, I was better able to use the goals and plans that I've set to accomplish things...hopefully it will continue to work well.

Then...listened to some great talks by prophets and apostles...this past conference Elder Stevenson and Elder Christofferson.

Then...went to bed!

-Elder ChoppingBigLogsIsn'tTooFunButIsRewarding

No comments:

Post a Comment