Monday, March 13, 2017

Elder Smith is doing well

While yes it has been awhile since writing you all. I am well, and
hope all of you are doing the same.

Some background to the following story that I want to share is that we
were on the campus of James Madison University here in Harrisonburg
Virginia, we were talking with a member about missionary work and how
she is currently preparing to service a mission. As we talked I looked
over to see a man walking towards us, face down, headphones in and
felt impressed to talk with him. As he approached he would have ran
into my companion, and so to avoid a stumble I called out to him
before the collision. We stared talking about who we are, who and what
we represent, and we invited him to church. We then explained why
church is a great blessing in our lives. He said he would come, then
continued to where he was going. His name is Tao, and has been to
church once(in Alabama with some friends).

The next Sunday(5 days later) he called at around 8:00 and apologized
for not coming to church. This is an uncommon experience for
missionaries that talk to many people a day and invite them to church.
He then committed to come to church the following Sunday.

That Tuesday we were able to meet with him and teach him about God and
the role of church. After our lesson he committed to pray that night.
The following day he let us know that he had prayed, and would
continue to pray every day.

The following Sunday he did come to church to worship with us, and he
let us know he is doing well. He is quite the person. It fills my
heart with gratitude to be here in Virginia helping him come unto
Christ.

Some of you also probably saw the face to face with Elder Holland and
President Eyring. I hope you did, I downloaded it on my iPad and was
listening to it as I got ready this morning They truly are prophets
and apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you remember President
Eyring and Elder Holland talking about prayer, and when we pray. it is
very similar to approaching the throne of God. As well approach our
prayers with this attitude, not with our agenda in mind, but God's
agenda, my prayers and your prayers will change from something regular
and good, to deeply profound spiritual experiences with the divine. I
have a testimony of that, and for you it can be the same.

Love,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment