Monday, June 12, 2017

Feeling love from above and 3 new Mandarin speaking Elders arriving in the next 2 weeks

That is really cool to hear about all the care and stuff you are getting mom. Last week as I would pray and seek peace and comfort both for you and concerning you nothing particularly special came, so I continued to pray and go about working.
This past week has taught me some things. Wednesday morning I woke up with a partially swollen eye, and that was basically it. Then they next days it continued to get worse, and I thought a bug had bit me there. Then I starting getting more red itchy spots in different places and after calling the medical adviser he determined I probably had poison ivy. The next few days it spread more and got more itchy so I got some stuff for it. So all in all it hasn't been fun and it has been hard these past few days. Lots of different things have happened between teaching lessons and going on exchange and things. However as I have closed each day in prayer, I have felt very close to Heavenly Father. I have felt he is very mindful of my circumstance, and that He is supporting me during this bought of poison ivy and still going about missionary work. Elder Snow also gave me a blessing that was powerful and meaningful. Through this as I have pondered and thought about it, Elder Curtis and Elder Clay of the 70's came to our stake conference this past Sunday to call a new Stake Presidency, as I sat in the meeting, I felt that if I was being supported in this manner by my Heavenly Father, and how much more is my mom being supported and helped with her cancer. It was a special answer that came to me. I am very grateful for this knowledge and testimony that there is a God and He indeed love us because we are His children.

Yeah, so we got more information on the new mandarin Elders, there are three called to come so far, one from Utah and two from Taiwan. Two were going to come today, but the one from Taiwan didn't get his visa, so only the one from Utah is coming, and today all of the mandarin Elders are going to the mission home to welcome him and then stay the night there.
Tomorrow is the temple trip for departing missionaries (Elder Richter and Elder Snow) so I will stay in Richmond with Elder Schellenberg for the day with Elder Raty(The new mandarin Elder from Utah) and we will work in Richmond for that day, and then stay in the mission home another night when Elder Snow and Elder Richter get back from the temple.

Then Wednesday we have a mandarin meeting with President Smith, and then we all have interviews with him since we haven't had that yet for the transfer. Then we will return to our respective areas and Elder Raty will come with Elder Snow and I for the remainder of the week (President wants Elder Raty to be with Elder Snow for the remainder of his time) and then until next Tuesday (when the end of the transfer is, all the other new English and Spanish missionaries will come in). we will go down with Elder Raty to Richmond, drop him off at a new missionary meeting with President, and Elder Snow and I will do stuff with Elder Richter and Elder Schellenberg in their area. Then we will stay the night, go to transfers and Wednesday, Elder Snow and Elder Richter will go home. Elder Raty will go with Elder Schellenberg for the rest of the transfer and I will receive an English speaking missionary as my companion, but we will still be focusing on mandarin work.
Then next transfer, the two Taiwanese missionaries will hopefully come, and Elder Schellenberg and Elder Raty will train one of them till Elder Schellenberg leaves on the 16th of August, and the English Elder that comes with me, will be with the other Taiwanese Elder till I head home and the English elder will continue to train the Taiwanese Elder in the mandarin area.
That I think is where we are at right now. Hopefully you understand all of that.
Thanks for the love, support, letting me know how you are doing and the encouragement.
Love
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment