Monday, November 16, 2015

Didn't win Calligraphy contest but super week

Well my second week here in the field was really fantastic I would
say. Although nothing super spectacular happened but it was a good
solid all around week. So Wednesday the Assistants to the President
came down to the Mandarin Elders apartment and we all went on half day
exchanges with them. So I went with Elder Walton, and Elder Ritcher
told me that we would really talk to everyone....and we did....it was
like we didn't even walk anywhere. I'm pretty sure I'm fairly sure in
those three hours we were together we talked to more people than I
have my whole time in my field....it was a lot of people. Definitely
learned so much stuff. Hahaha and had my first "Bible Bash" you could
say with some college students who liked using big fancy words and
we're trying to be contentious or something....so I just watched while
Elder Walton handled the situation, it was interesting, and obviously
made no progress, so we left pretty quick.

After that exchange we all got together with the zone leaders and went
to the Virginian which was quite the good restaurant, it was super
good, and had some really good Pepper Jack Cheese Mac and
cheese....then again it was $4 so that wasn't cool...and it definitely
wasn't worth it....oh well.

On Friday Elder Richter and I went to a calligraphy activity to talk
to some Chinese people on campus and that was pretty fun, but the old
Chinese lady there got made at me because my calligraphy was terrible
and I couldn't even right a line right....yeah it was terrible.
Then....Elder Ricther agrees to join a competition they did which was
3$ to join....and I cracked and joined as well. Hahaha then I tired to
write my name and ThenChurch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints....hahah it looked sooooo bad compared to all the other Chinese
people I Was around. It was fairly humiliating, and no I did not win.
Although Elder Richter's was also quite bad, so he also painted a
picture of himself on his along with his name....hahah it was quite
funny.(It was similar to Sokka's painting when he is being trained by
Master P and Dow in Avatar for anyone who understand that.[also
someone quoted Avatar in church! Haha]).

And yeah that was mostly it for interesting things that happened to me
this week, just kept contacting people and enjoying being a
Missionary.
So for a little bit of inspiration check out Mosiah 2:31/2 Nephi
2:29(I think)/Helaman 5:12 super awesome scriptures about how to build
our foundation on Christ, and by so doing we will be delivered from
the bonds of our enemies, and find freedom I living The Gospel of
Jesus Christ.

But yeah that's all for this week! Love the support from all of you
and all you've helped to in the past! This is God's Church and Gospel
on the Earth!
-斯密長老
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment