Monday, January 11, 2016

It Snowed and piano lessons pay off

So I don't have tons of time, so I am pasting things from my journal for each day of the week, enjoy!

Monday:
We had....Elder's P-Day!!! It was pretty good, had fun, and everyone was safe which was good. We had to leave early to teach Blanche. We met her and taught her about prophets, it was really cool gave her a Pamphlet and are meeting on Thursday, so it will be great.(also it was really cold, there was a super cold wind, and I had no coat or anything, I was quite cold...actually really cold, but oh well I survived....also....IT SNOWED HERE!!!! Just a little bit, and nothing stuck but still cool.

Tuesday:
And I kind of tried at the bus stop to talk to someone but it didn't work out too well, so I told myself I would talk to someone on the bus, and we get on and there were three besides ourselves. And there is a man sitting behind us that I knew I needed to talk to, so I ended up doing my thing that I fight with myself when if I really will end up talking to him, and it went on for awhile, but I knew I needed to talk to him, so I counted down from 10....and then from 3....and then from 5 and went talked to him. Turns out he(Kobe) was super cool and taught him the Restoration, answered the question he had about why there are so many Christian churches, gave him a Book of Mormon...it was really awesome. And the bus killed us, because we would have gotten his phone number, but he had to go...it was pretty lame...but it doesn't matter because he is going to call us!

Wednesday:
Also fairly cold but it was good. We returned home I ate some Velveeta mac & cheese(kinda felt like I was betraying Kraft...but it is ok because it is also Kraft brand!).

Sunday:
So because it is winter break still there was no pianist, so they asked the ward council if there was anyone that played piano, and I didn't feel suitable enough to do it...but then ended up shyly raising my hand. And so then I go into the chapel and talk a bit with the bishopric and they had happened to choose "sweet hour of prayer" as one of the songs which was really nice. And then I changed two of the other songs...but I decided that I could play hymn 141 one of the songs they chose because it was easy enough. So all during the prelude I pretty much practiced that song....and felt pretty good on it but holy cow I was super nervous my hands were shaking and stuff, and I was real nervous for that one song. But sacrament starts, I play sweet hour of prayer fine, then it is going along well I play the sacrament fine. Then the talks are going(and they were super great talks actually) and then the intermediate hymn was coming up and I was really nervous(kinda like I got nervous at swim meets, I was saying like zan shin and a bunch of other stuff. But then....we skipped it!!! Super cool blessing. Then the last song went really well. Then the rest of church was super good, also got some awesome thin mints from Chris...haha it was really good.

Love you all!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment